Discuss Leaking on Blanco kitchen twin lever tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

After many weeks of our kitchen tap leaking i have decided i need to address this sooner rather than later but am a bit reluncant as i dont want to make the issue worse than it is.

We have a kitchen tap from the manufacturer blanco which has seperate controls for hot and cold. I believe the correct term maybe twin lever tap?

It is a leaking but I am unable to understand whether its the cold or hot section is affected. From doing some research on these taps i understand its not just a washer that I can replace but it is a whole valve unit.

My question is could i myself replace the valve or is it a job for a plumber?

I need to isolate the supply so i can unscrew the tap to find out exactly the valve which is installed, it it just turning of the stop tap which should be sufficient? We have a gas central heating system with a combi boiler, do i need to do anything with that?

When a tap has the valve setup and no a washer, do i need to buy as a pair or can i buy seperatly. The hot lever turns clockwise but the cold lever turns anti clockwise.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

where is it leaking from or is it dripping out the spout ?

Hi

I am unsure of the technical term but if the spout is where the water comes out from, then yes. It is not leaking from anywhere else. Thanks

is it a quarter turn tap (eg from closed to fully open is about a quarter of a turn)

edit looks like it will be best to get a plumber out

Last edited:
image.jpg

Simple test to determine if it's hot or cold. If it was installed correctly, On each of the 2 pipes that feed the tap there should be an isolator valve. Simply turn one through 90 degrees, if the water drip stops that's the one. If not turn the other and if that stops the drip it's that one. Blanco taps have a good long warranty so you may get 2 valves for free. If not they will be about ÂŁ30. You will need tools to replace them, search you tube for how.

So I managed to order the valve online however I am having a real pain taking out the old valve. Its just stuck no give at all. Tried to put WD40 but no luck and I have been doing it anti clockwise. That's correct isn't it? I think I might need to call plumber for this one :-(

What does the instructions say ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking on Blanco kitchen twin lever tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock