Discuss Leak onPerformance test on drainage pipework help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

Am in need of serious help here. I have just been trying to do a performance test for a bungalow where all the pipes from the sanware is buried in screed.

Now i test the drainage by using the manhole and bunging this pipe. But, the air is just dropping.

My question is, how the heck do i find this leak in the system when its above ground?

Is there a machine i can hire any where?

Regards

Mutley

Forgot to say I use a McAlpine compression coupling with a rodding eye in the end to cap off 2, 1.5 and 1.25 inch pipe, I find it a much more reliable and cheaper (I think) way to cap ends off. For 4 inch it's got to be test bags alll the way. You can get a 4 inch test bag with a test point for your rubber hose - I find this very useful.

can be a nightmare drainage tests, especially when the underground drainage pipe has already been "passed" but when you go to test it you don't even get a blow back !

Hey chaps, well i have come back from testing the other waste pipes in 2nd bathroom. And as i did not trust my boss' testing kit, i bought a new one at the weekend. And it turned out to be exactly what you guys said. Leaking from the bellows.

So we used mine and all was fine.

What a relief. Am glad we didnt have to break up all the floor.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I think it is must to test the pipework as you go. Like you said. and if possible, do not run the pipes below the screed. Although, in a bungalow where the custard wants a wet room, you have no choice.

Thanks

Mutley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak onPerformance test on drainage pipework help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock