Discuss Leak from u-bend that condensate pipe drains into in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ildavo82

Hi there,

I've recently discovered a leak from the u-bend in which the condensate pipe drains into. I live in a block of flats so it doesn't drain outside. Unfortunately the pipe work is in the most inconvenient place behind the walls with only 2 access holes available to try and work out what the probem is. I've attached a link to photos of the part in question...

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/kkt3u1gjnqn1mu7/AAAYJq5J2u4Y_ZK5Zv6wOuzha

I've already had our fixer guy at work kindly come round and push ones of those extendable rods through the pipe that is supposed to carry the condensation out to I assume the same pipe as the waste water goes from my kitchen sink (would that be right?). However, there didn't appear to be any sort of blockage.

Can an anyone work out what the problem may be? I have been in my flat about 5 years, but never noticed the problem before. It's only because it caused some damage to a section of my laminated flooring that I discovered it, but could easily have been like that since I moved in as the amount of condensation varies greatly depending on how much I use the boiler.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. I have a Corgi Homeplan, but the guy who came round wasn't much help and i was told they wouldn't cover the repair and said I would have to pay for the repairs outside of my plan, yet he didn't diagnose the problem!

Cheers,

Dave

If the leak is something to do with the condensate pipe from the boiler then your "fixer guy" is not the right person to look at this.
The condensate is actually part of the boilers flue so I'd suggest you get a gas safe engineer to take a look and sort it our for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak from u-bend that condensate pipe drains into in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock