Discuss Leak Coming from shower onto skirting board in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I thought I’d post this on the forum here as I appear to have some sort of leakage. This is being a period of over three years
Is this something that I need to get a plumber in or something that I could fix myself by using sealing. Before I get a plumber in it will be useful to know where you think leak will be coming from judging from watermarks on the skirting board thank you advance for any help you can provide
Please look at the photos belowView attachment 76829

It's difficult to say but almost invariably this is when screen has been fitted before tray is sealed.
There is a gap behind shower screen profile that isn't sealed and any attempt to seal externally will just make a larger area for water to puddle and make it worse.
A shower screen shouldn't be sealed internally as water does get into the edges and is supposed to run out and back into tray.
If this is your issue then screen needs to come out, reseal tray and refit screen with seal on outside edges only.
I charge a days labour and materials so apx £325
You might save £100 or so if you can get a handyman to do it....
It's a chunk I know but I bet that that's your issue.

Reply to Leak Coming from shower onto skirting board in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
when I use my shower there is a leak to the property below. I stopped using it for a week and redone the waste, in this time the water leaking...
Replies
Views
My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Back