Search the forum,

Discuss Shower leaking from elbow in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

when I use my shower there is a leak to the property below. I stopped using it for a week and redone the waste, in this time the water leaking through to the neighbour dried out.
Started using the shower again and the leak reappeared, the shower is a concealed mixer type. I believe the leak is coming from where the arm of the shower head connects into the wall plate elbow (not sealed the threads properly ).
Could it happen anywhere before this point? The mixer is constantly under pressure and this only appears when I use the shower. It couldn’t come before that point could it otherwise the leak would be constant? Am I right in thinking this?

Yes best to remove and cap if you can and retest with it capped to prove its not the pipework in the wall etc

Yes best to remove and cap if you can and retest with it capped to prove its not the pipework in the wall etc
I capped it and ran the shower and there’s no visible leaking and I can’t hear anything either. I’m thinking the threads of the arm weren’t sealed properly and it was Soding out , running down the pipework and dripping off the mixer to floor below. Took the face plate for the mixer off and I can see nothing leaking down when it’s on now.

Asked the neighbour to give it a few days to dry out and in the meantime I’ll hold off on using it but he’s fretting a little about it getting worse but I reckon it only appears that way as it’s taking some time for the water appear through the plasterwork. It’s not dripping through constantly which makes me think it’s just built up a wee puddle of water and it’s appearing slowly. You reckon that’s about right?
The mixer has been under pressure for a couple of weeks whilst I fitted the shower tray and tiled before this started to happen.

That’s the view below

Attachments

• IMG_4032.jpeg
    IMG_4032.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 13
Yea sounds about right would leave it capped and under pressure so you know for sure if it drys out it was the arm etc

Reply to Shower leaking from elbow in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock