Discuss larger cistern needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Easy

hi, I have a dilemma, 3 months ago I fitted anew toilet for a custard and at the time they where very happy, but since then they have had to have the drain rodded out because of blockages, theres no problems with them, just seems there isn't enough water to project the waste all the way to its final destination and it backs up over time,,,,, is there anyone out there that makes a larger cistern, as it seems its a common problem round here as the drains are so shallow

cisterns are made to the maximum size that the water regulations allow, 6lt.
so you will not get a new one any bigger.
is the water level set to low??
is the problem possibly what gets put down the wc??

cisterns are made to the maximum size that the water regulations allow, 6lt.
so you will not get a new one any bigger.
is the water level set to low??
is the problem possibly what gets put down the wc??

hi, yeah well aware of the regs, was just asking if anyone knew of any that where still about that's all, seems its not uncommon here apparently and was hoping to do them a favour thus sorting an issue out that I will undoubtably hit when I do my bathroom refit next yr

recycling centre or bucket by the loo, much more of a need to follow plumbing guidlines re pipe runs etc now that water rationing is paramount, but doesnt really work on victorian properties with extra long runs etc. One answer is to ensure rainwater is lead down wc soil pipes to regularly flush through the system, its what I have had to do in my old pile, but 3 years on and touch wood, no more blockages

You can get the shells easily. Just pick any design that has been about for a long time. The manufacturer won't change the shell when the regs change, they will just change the fittings.

So then you are left with fannying about with the fittings to force a larger flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to larger cistern needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of...
Replies
Views
I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock