Discuss Kitchen sink pipes underneath leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I removed three of these sections to clean and when I put them back together I noticed leaking.
Please can you advise on how to attach them correctly.
Thank you.

Attachments

• u.jpg
    u.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 18
Undo the joints that are leaking and check the black washers are on tightly, correctly seated with no twists, and that they are not loose, damaged or dented (if they are, new ones can be bought cheaply). Then do them up again tightly!
IMG_0438.jpeg

It shouldn't leak even if it's full of water, so I think you have two issues - the pipe joints, and also there's likely some degree of blockage further down the pipe, or in the sewer it feeds in to.
Have you tried a sink plunger?
Maybe time to call in a professional.

Reply to Kitchen sink pipes underneath leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a kitchen mixer tap which allows the top part to pull out as a hose (like american sinks). It has frayed and I need t replace it, can...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock