Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen mixer doesn't fit pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I recently purchased this mixer, as I'm in one of those homes where my taps are all separate hot and cold without mixers (it boggles the mind as to why this is still a thing). I foolishly did so without measuring the size of the brass pipes attached to the tap.

Long story short; my brass pipes are female 28mm pipes for both hot and cold, so is my tap. I figured I'd fix it by bringing a 28mm coupler so I purchased this but it's not worked. My very poorly educated brain theorises that I actually need something like 26mm but I don't want to keep purchasing without checking what the best advice is. Happy to unscrew the taps and show those too.

Please help send me in the right direction wherever possible.

Thanks,

ehab563utd

The tap you linked to (wall mounted with swivel spout?) attaches with 3/4” female threads (exactly like most shower bar valves ).
You will need to finish with 3/4” male threads at the appropriate depth from the wall.
Are your existing kitchen taps wall mounted?

Separate hot and cold taps were used because (apart from the kitchen) in most homes the hot and cold supplies were tank fed. Separate taps allow the incoming pipes to be much larger, thus good flow rates could be achieved despite the low pressure from the tanks .
Modern mixer taps generally have small bore flexible hose connectors, or small bore copper connectors. Fine for decent pressures, but very restrictive of flow without a good deal of pressure behind.
The tap you have purchased appears to have decent sized connectors, so hopefully you won't have a problem.

@Ben-gee thank you for your advice. That's exactly what I needed. @steadyon I also appreciate the reasoning too!

I purchased the couplers and then installed them. Turns out I needed washers so I purchased those too and then added some white tape (forgot the name) to secure the water on the cold tap.

I now have a new mixer and a tap that isn't hard to wash things with.

Again, thank you both for this! I knew this was the right place to go to.

Reply to Kitchen mixer doesn't fit pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock