Discuss keston celsius 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper Gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello All,
was called to a keston celsius 25 to check escape of gas.
I found gas escaping from a broken fan seal as the boiler was running.
The gasket was replaced but now the boiler will not fire up.
tried it many times until and eventually it fired up?
it was running sweetly but then i decided to turn the boiler off so i could connect manometer to check burner pressure and now it wont fire up again???!

does any one have any clues here????
blocked condensate?
block exhaust flue?
all air purged from gas pipe work?
theres a little test point which says VENT on the gas valve, if this gets blocked, say with detection fluid will this impede operation of gas valve?

cheers

D368

if its a vent and its full of detection fluid that might not be helpful, get your air duster out

I had this problem with a worcester greenstar after I'd serviced it, turrned out I'd knocked a little grey rubber bung off a vent point on the gas valve! Stuck it back on fired up no problem! Could be the same valve

my normal trick on baxi 105/80s is to pull off the flame sensor lead slighlty so it stays in the rubber sleeve but not on the metal contact, but I seem to do it so often I can spot the problem quickly now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to keston celsius 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back