Discuss Kane 455 question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a brand new Kane 455 kit which I received today the problem I have is after checking the unit it says only 277 days until recalibration. I was wondering whether this is normal I understand there is bound to be a few days here and there but mine is almost 3 months out of the year what should I do?

Why not give Kane a ring? I've always found them to be very helpful..

Why not give Kane a ring? I've always found them to be very helpful..

I just rang Kane they said to just take calibration as of today and ignore the 277 days left on the unit seems a strange thing to say as in affect unit will out of calibration for 3 months before I send it in.

Not sure about the Kane but the printout on my Anton gives the calibration date on it. Don't know why Kane would tell you to ignore the date! A customer or landlord would not like to be given a printout with an out of calibration date on it. Did you buy direct from Kane or from an outside agent? They may re-calibrate it for you for free but then again if you did not buy direct from them, they may not.

The calibration is valid from the purchase date with a new machine if I remember correctly. Unless either the supplier or yourself is willing to stump up for re-calibration unfortunately you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The only thing you can do is keep the purchase receipt as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kane 455 question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
A
Our building has a boiler that provides both hydronic heat and domestic hot water. It's been working without any serious problems for 10+ years...
Replies
Views
arkay-eff
A
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running...
Replies
Views
T
Danfoss TP5000 not "communicating" with Heatrae Sadia Electromax. Hi everyone, first post here, so I hope this is in the correct forum. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock