Search the forum,

Discuss just fininshing C&G (6129) whith olci and paid for NVQ level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cwhunter

I need to know how i go about getting my NVQ level 2 signed off. Looking to volunteer to be plumbers mate to get hands on experience would like any advice cheers.

Hello cw,:welcome:
if you have already paid for the NVQ what advice did olci give?

contact as many plumbers you can that are local to you, someone may be wanting to take on an extra pair of hands,
but don't be surprised if if you are not given immediate employment

theres a buisness and contacts seminar with olci but havent went on it as it cost to go to it. I will start contacting plumbers around me so hope i have some luck cheers for advice Simon F.

Hi cwhunter,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see you are looking for some work experience with a plumbing company. You can contact our Job Placement Advisor who may be able to assist you. This service is free of charge to OLCI students on our main courses. Although we cannot guarantee work, we will do what we can to help you.

For more information, please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Hi there CW,
I made the same mistake with New Career Skills, as they done the same thing to me. I am in the same position you are now. I done my CSCS card exam in plumbing and passed then contacted Jib (the Joint Industry Board), and they say that I am equivellant to 2 on-site assessments by and NVQ2 Assessor, and that means either two on-site full bathroom installations where the assessor comes out and watches you for up to half a day per assessment and asks you questions during this time, you know the kind of thing, "Wht are you doing and why?". If you pass them both, this together with your certys and full training record folder should hopefully be enough to get you through. The hard part is apparently, as it is difficult to find someone who will allow you to get on-site without your NVQ2, so makes getting the assessments done. At least this is what I have been told. The other alternative is trying your local College and see if they might be able to help, although from what I have been informed, you might need to start a NEW course altogether???. I am currently still working as a sole trader and starting to get work in as I take pride in what I do, so getting some referals etc, but not enough yet to earn anything big. I too am looking for help in either getting my full NVQ2 finished or starting another course. OLCI say that you can bypass this situatioon by doing a BTech in Gas Safe, but after reading more abouut them, they seem just the same as every other so-called fast track company, only want your money. Best bet is to try your college for true advice as they do not have any alterior motive in taking your money. Good luck.

colleges have their own problems though. i trained with olci, you have to remember unfortunately they are a company and not a charity at the end of the day so it did cos t me but i got what i needed from the course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to just fininshing C&G (6129) whith olci and paid for NVQ level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was the only course my local college offered, but i've just found out they're now also offering Level 3 Plumbing and Heating. Does anyone have any advice...
Replies
Views
I want to start off by saying that I have never worked in a construction environment in my entire life, so I am very unknowledge in this area. I have only worked at a coffee shop for 5 years of my life. I am currently doing a Plumbing L2 and next year will start an NVQ L2. For the NVQ I will...
Replies
Views
I have been doing my level 2 plumbing qualification for over 4 years now due to covid etc. I am now at a point where i will be sending my NVQ pack off and completing my practical for my NVQ. I am waiting on a plumber to to send me his documents to send off. I am worried about the practical and...
Replies
Views
Have any other plumbers thought of getting in to electrics? If so how have you done it/what qualifications. I have looked at the city and guilds level 2 diapolma in electrics. The only thing putting me off is the health and safety sections how to put ladders up ect. And the section communication...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock