Search the forum,

Discuss A few questions about NVQ level 2 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to start off by saying that I have never worked in a construction environment in my entire life, so I am very unknowledge in this area. I have only worked at a coffee shop for 5 years of my life.

I am currently doing a Plumbing L2 and next year will start an NVQ L2. For the NVQ I will need to be hired by a plumber so I could do the practical tasks required for me to pass the course. Here's the thing, how does someone like me with no trade experience get hired by a Plumber cos all the job postings I see online require experience or hire qualifications both of which I don't have? Will I have to work for free to get hired? Also, how do I go about contacting a plumber and what is this placement actually called since its not really a apprenticeship and not really a proper job?

Secondly how many hours I will have to work per week to complete my NVQ within the 12 months period. I will likely have to still work at the coffee shop whilst doing the NVQ and will only be available on weekends and 1 other day of the week. Is this doable?

You may have to work for free, but can’t speak for whoever takes you on. It’s probably called a work experience placement, or something similar. You need to contact businesses in your area, or be prepared to travel. As for the amount of hours, I’ve no idea, I completed an apprenticeship, so all this was ironed out with the caveat that we sought our own employment, however a local council were taking on and interviewed all willing participants in our class.

Reply to A few questions about NVQ level 2 in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock