Search the forum,

Discuss It might be mothers day but....i've had the best time with my dad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Although i tend to work well with my dad at times, we never spend sod all time together.

today was slightly different!

both got up early ready to go get the van off adam, sat down for an hour doing invoicing and such.
decided what to stop doing in his business and what points to concentrate on now :)

drove down to fareham, talked all the way down, got the van and talked all the way back.
never happened like that , never.

got in, my sister had taken my mum shopping.
we unloaded the van and loaded up the machinery, off we go to the first drop talked all the way again!!
onto the next job which was stump grinding, had a laugh all the time, even if a stone did fly straight into by balls.

off home, another two deliveries and back.

in, have some tea and i get the call about a cdi i put in a year ago for my trainer.
the guy has ignored their phone calls and texts, he even mentioned it to me a few days ago in passing.
They still had my number from back then so gave me a call!!

off i go to go out, joking to my dad if he puts on a pair of my snickers trousers, worktop (purple) and a Strauss body warmer he can come learn some plumbing!!!

As i'm getting in the van he shouts "i'll drive"
turn around and he's wearing my work gear and looking pretty smart!!!

Off we go, sort it all out.
tonight i taught my dad how to solder.

rob posted up how time flies, how much he loves his kids.
i really love my dad, i really do.

In 1999 my dad was in a serious accident and he got brain damaged quite badly, didn't walk for three years.
well he forgot me, thats how bad the accident was,
its taken years but hes learned to love me again and its like it never happened.

tonight i was so proud of my dad coming along, learning something new and spending time with me.

today i've been the richest i've ever been, not from money but from a day i will never forget.

Good times, Billy. Enjoy them when they come.

I had a proud moment today. About a year ago, Mrs S announced that she was going to take singing lessons. It came completely out of the blue.

Turns out that she used to love singing, but someone told her she was tone deaf when she was a kid, so for 35 years she never so much as sang in the bath.

So she went for lessons, joined a choir, and today she went to do her grade 3 singing exam. Every other candidate there was a kid, but she stood up and did her thing. I have never been so proud. I'm quite misty-eyed.

Although i tend to work well with my dad at times, we never spend sod all time together.

both got up early ready to go get the van off adam, sat down for an hour doing invoicing and such.
decided what to stop doing in his business and what points to concentrate on now :)

drove down to fareham, talked all the way down, got the van and talked all the way back.

we unloaded the van and loaded up the machinery, off we go to the first drop talked all the way again!!
onto the next job which was stump grinding, had a laugh all the time, even if a stone did fly straight into by balls.

in, have some tea and i get the call about a cdi i put in a year ago for my trainer.
the guy has ignored their phone calls and texts, he even mentioned it to me a few days ago in passing.

off i go to go out, joking to my dad if he puts on a pair of my snickers trousers, worktop (purple) and a Strauss body warmer he can come learn some plumbing!!!

In 1999 my dad was in a serious accident and he got brain damaged quite badly, didn't walk for three years.
its taken years but hes learned to love me again and its like it never happened.

tonight i was so proud of my dad coming along, learning something new and spending time with me.

today i've been the richest i've ever been, not from money but from a day i will never forget.

That's a lovely thing billy

Good times, Billy. Enjoy them when they come.

I had a proud moment today. About a year ago, Mrs S announced that she was going to take singing lessons. It came completely out of the blue.

Turns out that she used to love singing, but someone told her she was tone deaf when she was a kid, so for 35 years she never so much as sang in the bath.

So she went for lessons, joined a choir, and today she went to do her grade 3 singing exam. Every other candidate there was a kid, but she stood up and did her thing. I have never been so proud. I'm quite misty-eyed.

Hope you got Mrs S a lovely present for her achievement ray it must of taken a lot for her to do it as I'm sure over all that time it was frightening for her

Hope you got Mrs S a lovely present for her achievement ray it must of taken a lot for her to do it as I'm sure over all that time it was frightening for her

This morning she was completely bricking it Alex. (or whatever the ladylike equivalent is) but by this evening she was talking about taking the next grade in November. Big credit to her singing teacher as well - it can't be easy when you are used to teaching little ones, and then get a pupil old enough to be your mum.

This morning she was completely bricking it Alex. (or whatever the ladylike equivalent is) but by this evening she was talking about taking the next grade in November. Big credit to her singing teacher as well - it can't be easy when you are used to teaching little ones, and then get a pupil old enough to be your mum.

Every credit to Mrs S wish her luck for her next big achievement in November

Absolutely lovely story, lost my old man nearly 8 yrs ago (still seems like yesterday, still hurts) we also worked/played together
I'm sure there are a lot of blokes about who would be envious of your day
Build your bridges while you all can, cos time really does fly by

it was great to meet you both on Saturday. I'm glad the van went to someone from the forum. Good to put a face to the name.

No he's a very pleasant young man. Must've been dragged up proper like what I was! Although he didn't bring a bottle so he lost points there.

Haha what would you like next time?

might give you a little smile that i have a guy coming to look at the little patches, do a little respray in places and cut +shut the little holes.

The next van i'll get in my companys purple haha

Haha what would you like next time?

might give you a little smile that i have a guy coming to look at the little patches, do a little respray in places and cut +shut the little holes.

The next van i'll get in my companys purple haha

make sure you take before And after pics. And a bottle of Campari next time. Or pimms if the suns out!

Enjoy the time with your Dad Billy, and make the most of it. As others have said it goes too darn quickly.
My old man has stage 4 lung cancer, and there is so much I wish I had of done with him, which i cannot do now.

I almost didn't read this post. Glad I did.

Me too lost my Dad in 1990 my Mum in 1976 my kids were young then and although too young to know my mum they still talk about my Dad now and again...I really miss them both so often we never seem to find the time to do what we should so after reading these posts why not give those close to us a visit or at least a call....regards Turnpin:punk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to It might be mothers day but....i've had the best time with my dad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock