Discuss Is this AAV good quality in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks,

Had an AAV fitted by a plumber recently, as we had to remove a bathroom unit and it was a good opportunity to replace the AAV while we were at it.
We used to have a Floplast AAV, but now replaced with one I've never heard of.
It has Plumbing & Heating essentials printed in gold on the top and the BS kite mark.

Given that I am only replacing as a precaution, would this be a good one to use, considering I don't want to remove the bathroom units for access again?

Many thanks

Never heard of it picture?

Never heard of it picture?
Maybe its a trade name but made by floplast for them, it looks to me very floplast like

Its a push fit BTW

Attachments

• 20230107_134633.jpg
    20230107_134633.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230107_134622.jpg
    20230107_134622.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 15
I seem to remember it coming in a box that said 4trade on it, I have noticed Travis perkins sell 4trade stuff, but would have thought 4trade would be printed on the valve instead of Heating & Plumbing essentials

Last edited:
I would assume that whatever brand of AAV you install they probably won't last forever so at some point in the future you will need access. Keep this in mind when you install the units. Maybe put an access panel in the back of one of them? If you are tiling keep some spares for the future.

City plumbing is 4 trade

I would assume that whatever brand of AAV you install they probably won't last forever so at some point in the future you will need access. Keep this in mind when you install the units. Maybe put an access panel in the back of one of them? If you are tiling keep some spares
Cheers, plenty of spare floor and wall tiles..thanks...learned that lesson years ago
Access panel not really feasible in this case
City plumbing is 4 trade
Thanks just need to solve the riddle, Heating & Plumbing essentials in a 4trade box

KM512474 is a Kite Mark belonging to Floplast

AV110 is the part number 4Trade use for it
AF110G is Floplast's own part number
Ax110 will be someone else

12380-A1 is the BS EN they comply with

261121 May be date of manufacture
713 maybe shift / batch or ??

AAV CUT.PNG

KM512474 is a Kite Mark belonging to Floplast

AV110 is the part number 4Trade use for it
AF110G is Floplast's own part number
Ax110 will be someone else

12380-A1 is the BS EN they comply with

261121 May be date of manufacture
713 maybe shift / batch or ??

View attachment 80663
BRILLIANT !!
Thanks mate, blimey you did well there I didnt notice the AF numbers, and now I see them I remember seeing them presented like that on the previous Floplast one.
So with all that info then looks like a Floplast.
Thanks for your help mate 👍

Reply to Is this AAV good quality in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock