Discuss Is this a correct meter installation? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Have had low water pressure for years. I just removed an old water softener and found this odd(?) fitting next the the water meter? See pics. Is this correct? Could this be the problem for low pressure?

Attachments

• 019960EA-BADB-4869-9F0A-0C2E07902E77.jpeg
    019960EA-BADB-4869-9F0A-0C2E07902E77.jpeg
    841.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 26BAD889-CF2E-4FC3-83AA-21A0D94E26D0.jpeg
    26BAD889-CF2E-4FC3-83AA-21A0D94E26D0.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 28
It's more likely to be a blocked filter, if there is one, on the meter inlet than that reducer.
But as above a thorough check of the system is required.
It could be anything from a leak / squashed pipe outside underground to too many restrictive service valves.

Not sure how bad your low flow/pressure issue is, but 14litres per minute would normally be just about achievable with 1/2" pipe. In any case, your meter itself is 1/2", so you have to reduce down to connect to it!

Reply to Is this a correct meter installation? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have an external water meter (which is a sub-meter) of my neighbours meter. The mains supply runs into their garden and then...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Back