Discuss Interview help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot mate. Weren't really expecting a reply from them so was pretty chuffed when I got a phone call off them.
They are on a bit of a young blood recruiment drive, met a couple of new faces all taken on as apprentices/shadowing to learn the job even our TSM has a new boy

They are on a bit of a young blood recruiment drive, met a couple of new faces all taken on as apprentices/shadowing to learn the job even our TSM has a new boy

I might apply lol

I also have an interview for the same poistion i've only just gone 17 and it will be my first interview. Like you I'm not sure what to expect so any advise we get would be really appreciated. I know this is a fantastic opportunity and I want to give it my best shot. Good luck you never now we may be on the course together.

Where is yours based for mate? There's loads of information on the first 2 pages go through that it should help you out

Tips for interviews for youngsters.

1) Remove any facial piercings and cover any tattoos. If you have an unusual hair style, calm it down as much as you can.
2) Dress smartly. Don't wear a baseball cap. Its much better to be overdressed than underdressed.
3) Turn your phone off, or better still, leave it at home. Don't put it on silent, as a vibrating phone may distract you at a crucial moment.
4) Take a copy of whatever paperwork you have submitted to them (Application form etc) AND any paperwork that they have sent to you. Make sure you have re-read both on the morning of the interview.
5) Read up as much background material about the organisation as you can, and commit key points to memory
6) Have some questions prepared. DO ASK about training and promotion prospects. DON'T ASK about holiday and sick pay. Its OK to ask about basic pay, overtime and pensions.
7) Some people react to being nervous by becoming loud. Try to avoid this, and control the speed at which you talk. Practice this at home.
8) Avoid making jokes about football, politics or religion. Jokes about the weather are OK.
9) Take a breath mint. If you smoke, don't have a cigarette for at least 30 mins before going in. (I know thats a tough one!)
10) Never turn up late, and try to avoid being too early. About 10 mins early is ideal. Recce the place you are going to, so you know how long it will take to get there, where you can park, where the reception desk is etc.

Good luck.

Yeah I mean which area did you apply for? I applied for Manchester. The training is just at the Stourbridge College mate

I live in Dudley so is down the road for me. When your interview mine Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Interview help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me in resolving this issue. The meter I have stops at 19mbar with 'out of range' message and I cannot use it...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi my triton shower suddenly had no water coming out after Thames water doing work outside my house, the shower just started buzzing with no water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock