Search the forum,

Discuss instantaneous water heater advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimmy t

I have been recently working on a Chaff 2T water heater and have replaced both diaphram and gas section and this still hasn't solved the problem of casing getting really hot and flames really high and yellow, I have also replaced case seals and merchant guarentees me that gas section set up for natural gas..... any suggestions please

I take it that you are not GSR jimmyt otherwise you wouldn't need to ask such a question!

Any kind of indicators such as melted droplets on the floor of the chamber? sounds of Birds tweeting louder than usual? Custard complaining of headaches or nausea????? Geeeeeezzzzzzzz!

Unlikey, it's a room sealed appliance.

Now you see MM ... case front getting hot has me worrying straight away about the actual case seals TBH :) They're not designed for the heat generated should the poc's be present within the appliance chamber. Heat to that extent tend to disintegrate seals in my experience ..... However if the said heater is fan assisted then hopefully it's negative pressure. I don't know off hand the heater in question TBH :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now you see MM ... case front getting hot has me worrying straight away about the actual case seals TBH :) They're not designed for the heat generated should the poc's be present within the appliance chamber. Heat to that extent tend to disintegrate seals in my experience ..... However if the said heater is fan assisted then hopefully it's negative pressure. I don't know off hand the heater in question TBH :)

Sorry DG, your far too young to comment on this thread lol.

The water heater is natural draft balanced flue and the only electrics on it is a piezo ignition.
The OP hasn't a clue what he is doing and should refrain from touching the appliance as IMHO it is ID.

The OP hasn't a clue what he is doing and should refrain from touching the appliance ....

I totally agree MM hence my original attempt at sarcasm...! lol .... I'm a bit more subtle than you eh? :D

Nah, you fell for my comment about the condense pipe on a Vaillant 242e combi.
Everyone knows that the Turbomax and not the 242e was condensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to instantaneous water heater advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock