Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss instantaneous electric shower with booster pump OR pumped electric shower ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew1

Hi all, back againg looking for a little more advice pleses, i have very unreliable water presure sometims its ok and other times it simply not enough to allow my electric shower to work, i was about to install a Pumped electric shower and its own 25 gallon cold water tank to sort out my problem but now having done a little more reasarch on the subject im now aware that there is two ways that i can do this, (option 1) is to install a Pumped electric shower and loft tank or (option 2) is a instantaneous electric shower fed from a loft tank with booster pump between the tank and the electric shower,

could any one advise me please on wich way would be best ?

i was thinking that option 2 would be the best as buying a standard electric shower is much cheeper the buying a pumped one, but option 2 requires a seperate pump and they dont seem to come cheep either.

i do not have the option to install a mixer shower as the HWC is far to far away from thre bathroom a the loss in the run of pipe is simply to much, any advice on this would be very much appricated as im desperate! to get a shower installed.

Thanks

Have you considered an accumalator to deal with the flow issues to the property. No noise from a pump that way, and you could boost your whole property, not just the shower.

Hi, yerr did think about a accumalator but was looking for just a quicker, cheeper fix for the shower if poss, we are a farm and carvan park and we use so much water at times i dont think even an accumalator would keep up with us lol not without going into mega costs anyway, stuff the caravaners filling up there water butts, i just want to be able to shower lol was just wanting to find out weather one of my above mentionend ways was better the the other.

Oh right.

Well I'd probably advise you to go for the electric shower with pump inside. Its a bit less plumbing and they're generally pretty good.

I've fitted one or two Miras. Not had any issues. You can buy parts for them for years and they're fairly neat.

There's not really a wrong answer. The plumber you use will probably look at the install and best advise you properly.

Cheers for that, thats just what i needed to hear, i will go with the pumped electric shower then,
i have just never had any experance with them so was a little unsure about weather they would do the job or not, there is only Mira, Triton, galaxy and redring to choose from when looking to buy a pumped electric shower i think, so will prob have to be Triton as mira dont do a 8.5KW and thats all i can have due to cable only being 6mm and for it to be replaced my new!! solid oak floors would have to be lifted and thats a route im just not going down, cheers for your input on this

No problem.

Shame your cable is small as the Mira is the better unit in my opinion (exactly what you didn't want to hear - sorry!)

The Triton is a reputable make though and I'm sure it will be totally fine.

Good luck with it.

Totally agree with you, would choose mira over triton anyday but my floors have just cost me over £4000!! i have had spark look at the job and there is just no way of routing the cable with out the floors comeing up ahhhhhhhh so Triton it is lol fingers crossed, Triton have been around for some time so hears hopeing that it does a good job, will let let no how the triton pans out, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to instantaneous electric shower with booster pump OR pumped electric shower ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock