Search the forum,

Discuss Installing Cold Water Storage Cisterns and Building Control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the local Building Control has to be informed when replacing a Cold Water Storage Cistern and F&E tank? I know they need to know when replacing a cylinder, just not sure about storage tanks.

Thanks in advance

Mike :)

Don't think so & def not where I am from.
Only times building control become involved here is on a new build or roof space extension etc.
Just fit them to regs, with proper overflow, vent, lid & jacket kit & make sure flat base with proper support is used & there should be no problem. Make sure the vent pipe is plenty high enough & fitted through a rubber seal in tank lid & also lag all pipework.

Don't think so & def not where I am from.
Only times building control become involved here is on a new build or roof space extension etc.
Just fit them to regs, with proper overflow, vent, lid & jacket kit & make sure flat base with proper support is used & there should be no problem. Make sure the vent pipe is plenty high enough & fitted through a rubber seal in tank lid & also lag all pipework.

Thanks for the quick reply Best.

Yes, I'm certainly making sure everything is WRAS approved and I'll be using a Bye Law 30 kit. In fact I think Polytank do storage cisterns with the bye law kit included.

Thanks again
Mike :)

The tank and kits are good. Just watch out for the angled service valve that comes with the kit. Had a few issues with that so I just bin them now and fit my own in line service valve.

Im sure you don't have to inform if your replacing like for like don't quote me on it though, however aslong as you've complied with all regs good sturdy base you should be fine, as above I don't use the bent service valves, they go in the back of the van and I use my own full bore lever valve,

The tank and kits are good. Just watch out for the angled service valve that comes with the kit. Had a few issues with that so I just bin them now and fit my own in line service valve.

Yes, wasn't planning on using that valve anyway. The tank set up suits a straight valve.

Thanks for the reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing Cold Water Storage Cisterns and Building Control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock