Discuss Inherited system another anomaly! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I investigate the system I have inherited I wonder who was employed to maintain it?
A couple of meters along the boiler output point is a pipe stat. A Honeywell L641B1004 which has a range of 10 to 40˚C, . I think what should have been installed is a L641B1012 which has a range of 50 to 95˚C. There is a frost stat nearby so assuming not meant to be another frost stat

Last edited:
What does the boiler supply/ heat ?

Is there any tees before the stat ?

Nothing at all leaves the boiler in 28mm stat is positioned about 75mm after a 90deg elbow which as mentioned before is about 2m from the boiler outlet.

Do you know if the stat is controlling the pump ?

Sounds like the correct pipe stat as it needs to be set at 25 C. Only thing is it should be on the return and within 600mm of boiler

• Agree
Reactions: deg
Checked and found both are operating as frost stats. If either are switched on the boiler comes on but not the pump! All seems a bit odd as the two stats are literally a foot apart. So much for my theory that the pipe stat was an overtemp device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inherited system another anomaly! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Good day, I am not a plumber/heating engineer and don't don't tackle plumbing or electrics, having done a bit of both with variable success :)...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have an issue with my Ideal Logic+ System S24 boiler which I hope someone can help with. Below is as much detail as I can think of. The...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock