Discuss Indirect 900 x 450 hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Good evening all, a general question please -

When fitting 22mm pipework to an indirect hot water cylinder are there any rules/guidance as to how far into the cylinder body the pipework should be inserted. Clearly you do not want too little pipe in but i am mindful of putting the pipework too far into the cylinder. In particular the hot water distribution pipework on top of the cylinder, are there any recommendation as to how far down into the cylinder the pipework should extend. I have a cylinder at the moment with a standard 22mm compression fitting on the top (BOSS cylinder from PTS) so the pipework could easily down quite
a way but too far down will obvioiusly mean miss drawing the hot water from the top of the cylinder.

Hot pipe from top of cylinder shouldn't be any further than the bottom of the fitting as it is supposed to vent air. No need for any of the connections to go any deeper than a standard brass fitting allows. Why not use a brass fitting to first compress each olive before you fit each pipe to cylinder?

Make sure you have a bend right on top of the cylinder and this stays horizontal with a slight incline for atleast 450mm

Best & Simon Johns, thankyou both for taking the time to respond, both very helpful. Best the suggestion about compressing the olive onto the pipework before fitting is simple but great. Its little things like this that clearly make life easier. THANKYOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Indirect 900 x 450 hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock