Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal mexico upgrade proving tricky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got a upgrade to do on one of these the boiler is in the utility room fitted totally illegally as blanced flue is only 500mm away from a opening door into the house now the fun bit it has gravity hotwater pumped heating pump is next to the boiler , cylinder is upstairs has no control at all and no insulation only a red jacket , vent and cold feed connect into the gravity primaries , planning on fitting a worcester greenstar classic 30CDI wall mounted with vertical flue , new vented cylinder , dont want to go sealed as has 30 year old pipework in sand and cement screed downstairs but need to do a s plan somehow cold feed vent and wiring proving the awkward bit any ideas guys or alot of chipboard is going to have to come up or i have to go sealed but really is a last resort cheers kop

Can you get into the heating pipes by the cylinder?

Dont think so 1" gravity primaries shaun not sure how upstairs rads are fed if i am honest must rise somewhere whats your thinking bud .

Was thinking of using the grav as your main flow and return

Then you could get a normal heat only boiler and put your pump vent and fill and port valves in the airing cupboard if you could get into the heating somehow

Maybe bud will have to have another look will need wiring between the boiler and airing cupboard though . cheers kop

Maybe bud will have to have another look will need wiring between the boiler and airing cupboard though . cheers kop

Or go with a wiser set up (wireless)

If i went system boiler it would be better i can keep all the controls at the boiler and wouldnt have to worry about vent and cold feed but not without risk got to upgrade some rads will give me some idea what condition its in cheers kop

If i went system boiler it would be better i can keep all the controls at the boiler and wouldnt have to worry about vent and cold feed but not without risk got to upgrade some rads will give me some idea what condition its in cheers kop

But then you would have to seal it which is a down side

That’s what I was thinking.

Not got the room for that bud , shauns suggestion looks favourite wiring is the issue may be able to find a route if not its gonna be sealed and pray cheers kop

Worcester Greenstar System CDi will operate in a sealed not pressurised scenario as they do not command a minimum operating pressure. Seal off the vent pipe with a manual vent, fit a non return into the cold feed and a decent isolating valve. Loop the returns. Have fitted this in the past to overcome exactly this type of thing.

Won't that affect the manufacturers warranty ? and I still need control over the cylinder stat looking at the sundial RF2 packs not 100per cent which pack I need wired programmer wireless cylinder stat and room stat thanks for the advice . Cheers kop

Either move the boiler to the airing cupboard or loft if possible or fit a system boiler. On old systems when sealed I fit an adjustable pressure reducing valve before the filling loop, turn it right down and also add an extra expansion vessel. Vessel charge needs to be adjusted for lower pressure set up.

Having it sealed unpressurised is within the manufacturers recommended installation practices and does not affect warranty. Use a wireless thermostat as Danfos CET2000B for the hot water.

Me to bud sod it going to to quote to put a system boiler in and run it at 1 bar cold pressure and keep all the controls at the boiler sundial RF3 pack for stats if it fails i will deal with it . cheers kop

Customer went with it so fingers crossed thanks for all your input guys . cheers kop

Well got it started and its not looking good 15mm feeding upstairs and 15mm downstairs grrrr no way of altering this all pipework buried in screed better get the wand out . cheers kop

Before not a pretty site .

Screenshot_2018-04-10-06-32-36.png

Screenshot_2018-04-10-06-33-12.png

Last edited:
Not perfect bud but sometimes you have to work with what you have main thing is the customers well happy, you had a busy week mate

Not bad mate. Still trying to clear the back log from the snow. On a boiler change myself the start of the week, With a vertical. I fu****g hate verticals.:confused::confused::confused:

I actually like the install, for what you had looks tidy and neat. Most important customers is well happy and that’s all it counts. Did you have to re pipe a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal mexico upgrade proving tricky in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock