Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Mexico super cf 465 on/off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright everyone

i just completed my plumbing/gas apprenticeship in the summer and am working on the boiler in my house.
I have an Ideal Mexico super cf 465 which has now had a series of problems.

1.the the boiler wouldn't light and i narrowed it down to the solenoid on the gas valve, i bought a new gas valve for £170 and swapped the solenoid old for new. the boiler works now but only for 5 mins then seems to shut off.
2.i think this second problem is to do with the pump (which was circulating) i began to fiddle with the speed dial which then broke and now the pump doesn't circulate. (wilo gold 50 pump)
i am about to replace the pump with a grundfos ups2 50/60.

any ideas why it would switch off after 5 mins?
any advice welcome
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico super cf 465 on/off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi i wonder if anybody can help with my query, the only gas appliance i have is a ideal Mexico super cf455 boiler, historically my gas usage was 12kwatts a year it is now double that figure at around 24,000 kwh, the boiler is only on for very short amounts of time as in not left on all...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone. I am looking for the 'Collector hood and Cleanout cover' for a Ideal Mexico super slimline CF 475. Or would a similar model number have the same hood and cover ? If anyone knows. Many thanks Tre Chen
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock