Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ideal mexico hex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neily01

Got sent to a job today where a ideal mexico had been smoking the house out. When i stripped it down i found rusting inside the hex and down the outsides, along with alot of corrosion and rusting around the hood. Cleaned it out and fired it up suspecting a leaking hex when being fired. Found puddles and dampness all over the top of the hex after being run for about 20 mins all in the areas where the hex had shown sighns of piting. So wanted to check around burner to make sure it wasnt effecting the burner and combustion to eventually find with my mirror between the hood and hex joint that products where escaping . Confirmed leakage with analyser low amounts of co2 no co but in my opinion now was ID, anyones thoughts on my classification would be great and has anyone else had similar.

My advice would be to carry your id/ar situations booklet with you at all times, read it ,trust it and be happy in your work. All you have to do is show the relevant section to a custard and no more problems of guilt etc.

Agree with zeebeedee 100%. If leaking POCs no matter what's
in it is ID.

ID for sure, no doubt the customer was kicking up a fuss even though you are looking out for them.

Makes you feel a bit bad this close to christmas and the fact i think it will be a new boiler in the end so the end of the line for the poor old mexico! First time i have seen a products leak on this joint but a leak however small it is id as i see it.the people are away for christmas and we are stacked before so dont know whats going to give?

Makes you feel a bit bad this close to christmas and the fact i think it will be a new boiler in the end so the end of the line for the poor old mexico! First time i have seen a products leak on this joint but a leak however small it is id as i see it.the people are away for christmas and we are stacked before so dont know whats going to give?

Better to be alive at christmas. Its a good job you found the problem in time.

Guilt shouldn't have to come in to it. I used to feel bad about condemning boilers, but when all is said and done, it is the law. Heating is a privilege, not a right. You are following guidelines, to which you have no control over. Do your job and go home safe in the knowledge that you have done the right thing and potentially saved a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal mexico hex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
Have had a customer call me this afternoon saying the builder knocked the flue pipe last week and now there is water continuously from the flue...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock