Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Mexico CF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi Guys , having a stupid problem with a Mexico super 2 CF 125, has been serviced, new thermocouple fitted, new multi function gas valve fitted, runs fine for maybe 24 Hrs. then drops out, have replaced T/couple again, same problem occurs any ideas what fault could be, thinking may have faulty (New) gas valve.

weak pilot flame and lot of local wind, bit of flame lift and out she goes, a perennial aga problem

Very good pilot, blue flame, nice flame on burners, nothing lifting off, very strange, runs ok for 24hrs, on & off on timer, then just drops out, waiting for a call back from Ideal, Tec dept. is swamped out on calls, so may get a reply of them tomorrow, Boiler as never had any problems wondering if I've been unlucky and had a couple of dodgy T/couples

Is the pilot nice & strong over the thermo couple when its burning, could be dropping out that way... Those pilot are so delicate!

25 /30 years old already, maybe the time to hint a new boiler, but I guess after spending money on that one they want to keep it going lol?

Well just had a call back from Ideal, tell me the only problem they get when replacing the T/couple is people using a standard universal T/c as they don't generate enough voltage, and the answer is to fit Ideals own T/C will give it a go next week

I always use universal on them and not had a problem. But worth a try. Jobs like this are annoying!

No need for their own go onto bes
[DLMURL]https://www.bes.co.uk/product/21~NG~288~-Replacement-for-Honeywell-Q309A-.html[/DLMURL]
Product number 7384,
Fits Honeywell gas valves and I've never had a problem with them

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico CF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock