Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ideal Logic Code Boilers & Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greenerdeal

Hi, I'm interested to know any views on the Ideal Logic Code boiler range with flue gas recovery.

Like a lot of people currently, I'm looking at a new boiler & flue gas recovery unit to access funding from the latest Green Deal scheme. A lot of installers are recommending the Ideal Code boilers. I can see it's a neat solution as the flue gas unit is built in but is the recommendation possibly based more on ease of install/price point/installer incentives?

From what I can see, the Logic Code is based on the oldest current Ideal boiler range (ally heat exchanger, well documented reliability problems etc) and was originally aimed at the budget new-build housing market. Is this about right or am I being a bit unfair?

The Baxi/Potterton, Vaillant and a few others boilers available with a separate flue gas unit look better boilers on paper but are a fair bit more expensive & take up a lot more space.
Any thoughts or better still experience with the Logic boiler appreciated before I take the plunge....

Thanks

Logic is brilliant way above valliant interms of Eco design and installation, I would much rather a logic combi than a valliant. Baxi one is ok but heat recovery unit isn't as tidy as code

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Logic Code Boilers & Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock