Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal classic system boiler, s-plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerr Gas 1

Hi All,

Need some advice, ive been called to a property with an ideal classic system boiler, s-plan with un-vented cylinder. my customer complains that the boiler is firing up when there is no demand. I have looked into the obvious areas, firstly checked zone valves all seem to be working fine ( opening and closing) ive looked at the wire centre and looks like the boiler and pump have a permenent live feed pump and boiler are running with no demand, any ideas? my guess its been wired up totally wrong from day 1, surely the boiler and pump should only be live once the zonevalve has opened or is there something im missing.

Can't argue with any of that. Sounds like its been wrong from day 1

check boiler doesnt supply power to pump. in past had to replace pcb on boiler as it was putting supply to pump when it was not recieving switched live from controls. heard of this on various boilers.

One of your zone valve micro switch's has most likely fused supplying a live to the boiler and pump when off IMO

as above either a faulty microswitch on your valves or the pcb

thanks for the replies, diamond gas i did consider the zone valve so i disconnected the orange wires inside the wire centre and tested the live going to the boiler which was still live this is what is confussing me i really just cant see where that live is coming from.

That sounds like the problem is at the boiler as Gas man mentioned and your live could be comming to the wiring center from the boiler? Does the classic have a pump overrun? If that's fused then you'd get the same happening yeh?

[DLMURL="http://www.idealheating.com/product-literature/dicontinued-products.php"]http://www.idealheating.com/product-literature/dicontinued-products.php
t[/DLMURL]ake a look here some classics have a permanent live,some dont download the mi,s for the one your working on to find out

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.idealheating.com/product-literature/dicontinued-products.php"]http://www.idealheating.com/product-literature/dicontinued-products.php
t[/DLMURL]ake a look here some classics have a permanent live,some dont download the mi,s for the one your working on to find out

I'd never heard of a system classic to be honest and still can't find it grrrrrrr! Do you have the GC No. Kerr gas? The Classic's I remember have a overheat re-set and no overrun?

Just a thought *pinged* into my head then..! ...!... ! Boiler doesn't happen to be fitted in a garage or the like and there's a frost stat kicking in?

Last edited by a moderator:
check wiring at boiler when no demand. if it has 240v at PL no voltage at SL and 240 at pump wire its probably the pcb

diamond gas you got it spot on, i took a look at the MI and realised the boiler has a frost stat which would override the external controls so i called into the house to check, turned out the customer had touched it. thanks for the help.

They always catch you out this time of year ... :) Glad to have been of help ... Anytime mate:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal classic system boiler, s-plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock