Discuss I can hear water in my pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Don't panic. If you knew how much water was leaking all over the country you would be amazed. I am not saying that an underground leak like the one you may have can't do damage but it is unlikely in my opinion. I haven't come across that much damage caused by underground bursts during my working life.
If it is something they will not fix then you will need to employ a Plumber to sort it for you. It is your responsibility if it is on your property. They will advise you when they see you next week on the best course of action.
Underground water mains can be difficult to find and in a lot of cases they are better replaced. How old is the property?
Do you know what the main is made of?
Thank you so much for your reply that has put my mind at rest! Is it likely to be a really expensive job if the water board cannot fix it? The property was built in the 60’s, it’s an ex council house. I don’t I’m afraid, we aren’t sure where the pipes lead either. Again thank you so much!

Thank you so much for your reply that has put my mind at rest! Is it likely to be a really expensive job if the water board cannot fix it? The property was built in the 60’s, it’s an ex council house. I don’t I’m afraid, we aren’t sure where the pipes lead either. Again thank you so much!

It depends on distance, ground, whether a mole can be used or it needs excavation. There are many if's and but's.
One step at a time. See what they say first. Then come back and let us know if you need more advice.
If it was the 60's I would guess it is Copper or Black alkathene but I could be wrong. It doesn't really matter anyway, it will get sorted whatever it is.

I understand, I’m a bit of a worrier unfortunately so always thinking of the worst. I will wait and see what the water board say and go from there. I really do appreciate your help, it’s much appreciated

Reply to I can hear water in my pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock