Discuss Hudson reed traditional 8" shower valve replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Edney

Hi Guys
I need to replace a valve on a Hudson reed traditional twin control (handle at rear controls flow while a tap at front controls temperature) . customer had the tap off exposing the splined head of the valve and has ordered and recieved valve 3/4 " 8-20 spline .(cd valve?)
how do I remove the handle and remove the old valve to replace with new one ?
how does this valve work also as it looks like it should only do one of the above operations. temperature?quite new to plumbing as I have mentioned on earlier posts so detailed explanation would be great and thanks for any replies.
thanks again guys :wacko:
[/QUOTE]

So you're replacing the thermostatic cartridge? Are you deffo sure it needs replacing? Can the luke warm water be traced to the boiler?

You'll need to remove the handle and maybe the facia plate and with the water off remove cartridge at the large brass nut, expect to spill a bit of water as it comes out.

Before you do anything note the positions the the handles on the splines.

cheers buddy, customer had wrong cartridge, I have found replacement and exploded diagram of complete assembly so hopefully job sorted. thanks for reply and for your help Phil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hudson reed traditional 8" shower valve replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
I have a twin control, 2 way diverter and temperature knobs, Noken NK Porcelanosa mixer with really stiff controls. I'm trying to identify...
Replies
Views
We are in a new build (2 years) and the bar shower value on-off bit is jammed. I want to replace it myself as can't afford a plumber. The old one...
Replies
Views
Hi - recognise this a bit of an odd one. We have an old failed mixer valve which we need to replace. This valve actually predates a temperature...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock