Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a Bar shower valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

We are in a new build (2 years) and the bar shower value on-off bit is jammed. I want to replace it myself as can't afford a plumber. The old one is is Aqualisa and has on/off on right and temperature on the left.
I have purchased a replacement bar shower valve with the on/off on left and temperature on the right as I understand that it makes no difference due to 'flow diversion'.

I have an adjustable spanner large enough to undo the screws to remove the old bar valve. I understand that I need to turn off the mains water but think that as we have a conventional boiler, I also need to turn off the water from the boiler. Please can you advise? TIA

Do you have an unvented cylinder?

A few pictures would help us give you more accurate advice the normal set up is hot supply will be on the left cold on the right, if you turn off the mains cold water and run the kitchen taps and bathroom taps you should remove the water pressure and be able to remove the old shower valve and replace the mixer, but be aware things can go wrong even for us professionals so proceed with caution and allow yourself plenty of time . Kop

Reply to Replacing a Bar shower valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock