Discuss How many landlord inspections in a day? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

If you were to do a landlord inspection on a let properly but without a service (a whole different debate) this would take you how long?

So you are:

- averaging a boiler and cooker/hob per property
- working through a letting agent
- are given keys for access for all in morning
- all properties in the same town, so no more than 2 miles from office in total
- easy parking

How many inspections could you reasonably do in an 8am - 5pm day if doing all tests thoroughly?

I've heard a lot of wildly varying numbers but would be interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks

if all r/s boilers and no safety notices to complete 8-10 a day just plodding along.
filling out the paperwork is what takes up most of your time.

tightness test , visual inspection of appliance , flue , ventilation etc + gas rate or combustion test on the appliances is all thats required. if they want to pay for a service then thats different.

if all r/s boilers and no safety notices to complete 8-10 a day just plodding along.
filling out the paperwork is what takes up most of your time.

tightness test , visual inspection of appliance , flue , ventilation etc + gas rate or combustion test on the appliances is all thats required. if they want to pay for a service then thats different.

totally agree, this is quite managable without any hassle depending on what you find

best making it clear to customer also that safety check is different from service

too true kg . what other number have you been quoted capt. ?

Heard some agency was paying £20 a check and expecting 12 a day off you. Seemed a bit much if you are expected to do it properly?8-10 seems more reasonable but then the money doesn't seem so great!

Heard some agency was paying £20 a check and expecting 12 a day off you. Seemed a bit much if you are expected to do it properly?8-10 seems more reasonable but then the money doesn't seem so great!

£20? I'd tell them to go whistle.

for £20 i would be buying a load of meter discs and failing a lot due to gas leaks, thats the only way you could do a "good" job for £20's worth of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many landlord inspections in a day? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
A LL cert costs around £50 in my area for 2 appliances. I find that I am really struggling to complete it in an hour to make it worthwhile for...
Replies
Views
I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock