• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Struggling with Landlord certs in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

EvilDrPorkChop

Gas Engineer
Reaction score
That's nearly £80 and same as what a PP is charging in London. I'm surprised you're getting these stingy landlords to pay that. But good for you. 😀
We don’t do any for letting agents, just private landlords.

Tbh we were considering putting our prices up to £70+VAT. They aren’t worth the hassle, trying to gain access etc. and you get little work in return too.

kasser

Gas Engineer
Reaction score
What about the other aspect of the job, having to cap off appliances? I doubt it makes anybody happy and will most likely kill off any repeat business.

I did a cert on a rental once where there were gaping holes around the flue. I was just going to blame the previous engineer for allowing it to remain like this but then realised I did the same thing and the next engineer will blame me too. I did AR but wasn't allowed to turn off, so LL probably carried on as usual.

Gasmk1

Gas Engineer
Reaction score
I used to charge £50.00 for up to 2 appliances then £15.00 for each extra one. I have always been of a mind that what I charge is correct if the customer ( landlord ) doesn’t agree then crack on and get someone else.

Jerry

Gas Engineer
Reaction score
£85+VAT for 2 appliances. Additional appliance are £25+VAT.

I sue the Anton Sprint software (Free!) and have a big phone (with stylus). This allows me to fill the forms pretty quickly. You can even scan barcodes too!

But saying that, my prices have been the same for the last 5 years.

And I should charge more for gas fires as an additional appliance.***

Reply to Struggling with Landlord certs in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net