Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How in the hell do you undo this tap fixing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
70319729_2461578510728126_9217600051780517888_n.jpg

I've removed one or two before and all I did was attack them with increasing frustration until they sort of started to come off. I presume there actually is a way to painlessly remove them? Or are they badly designed enough that they just get stuck solid once fixed in place?

Thanks

Remove the pop up waste bar from the tap and looking from underneath, the threaded rod has an Allen key hole in the centre. Undo the rod anti clockwise.

Reply to How in the hell do you undo this tap fixing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

V
Hi all, I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock