Search the forum,

Discuss how do I isolate my shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pravash

I have a Hudson Reed Dual thermostatic shower, there's a problem with the valve and we are not getting hot water through the house. THe plumber isolated the hot water from the boiler but we still had water (cold) running from the hot tap. The shower company said the shower could and should be easily isolated so that we can hot water through the rest of the house. unfortunately, we have no idea how to do that and the 2 plumbers we had out, neither of them even suggested it.

Please help

There should be an isolation valve on the feed leading to your shower. Have you checked under the bath by removing the bath panel? Failing that I have know the iso valve be boxed in behind tiles, like the one I did in my house, DOH. School boy error.

what system do you have combi boiler ? do you have a cistern in the loft ? safely assuming that its mains fed if there isnt a iso/service valve on the pipework then you are not going to be able to isolate just the shower. is it a shower cubicle or over a bath ??

are you saying the 2 plumbers failed to fix it?

i was going to say i dont think they are plumbers but i dont know circumstances of the job and i dont like to slag others work. but it is simple answer really.

I just looked under the bath and no sign of a valvle or tap that can be turned off. Darn!

is there pipework in the loft ? why dont you isolate the house cold mains get it repaired and then cold water mains back on?

is there pipework in the loft ? why dont you isolate the house cold mains get it repaired and then cold water mains back on?

Hello all

THank you for all your advice and suggestions. The shower company sent one of their technicians/plumber and he replaced the cartridge in the shower and that solved all our problems. It took a him 15 mins and we had hot water again. What a luxury! The isolator it would seem is behind the tiles, the plumber who replaced my shower claims, the old shower was installed that way so he did the same. Safe to assume i won't be using him again. The hot and cold go up to the shower before in comes to the bath taps. I was told that the isolator to the bath taps are under the bath so I could shut that off and get hot water through the rest of the house.

The million dollar/pound question is how long should parts last and how long should the warranty be? The first cartridge lasted 3months and the 2nd lasted 22months. The company claims the warranty is for 1 year only? Is this standard practice? I would expect most parts to have a 2 year warranty am I hugely naive?

THanks again
P

lol. You get different warranty on different products, but if something lasts only 3 months then you maybe had odd piece of cartridge installed. Anyway, as guys said, you could have it done properly while was water off so you don't have disruption next time. Question, why plumbers did fail to identify faulty cartridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how do I isolate my shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock