Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell Valve hot and buzzing and vibrating pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danceindark49

Hi everyone

I hope someone can help me. I've had a new boiler and hot water tank under the Warmfront Scheme with a Honeywell 4073A motorised valve upstairs in my airing cupboard. This valve is hot and buzzing and vibrating the copper pipe it's attached to all the time - even when the hot water and heating are switched off at the time clock - and it's driving me insane. The only way I can get it to stop buzzing and vibrating is to switch off the power to the whole system. When I do switch the power off the Honeywell valve clicks and goes quiet. Then when I switch the power back on it stays quiet until the heating or hot water comes on again. Please can anyone tell me if this is normal? I had Honeywell valves on my old system and I didn't have this problem with them so I'm wondering if the new valve could be faulty.

Thanks very much.
Lin

No, its not right. Are you sure that it is the valve and not the pump?

My advice is get the warm front team back and explain your problem. I'd check to make it is the valve, if it is open permanently then its open and nothing in it should move which makes me think it is the pump humming.

Even if it is the pump still get them back to have a look at the issue for you.

Thank you. I don't think it's the pump as there are lights on it that come on when it's on. I've already had warm front engineer out to it before I worked out it was the valve buzzing and vibrating but I don't think he really understood what the problem was. I didn't want to call them out again if the valve was supposed to buzz all the time but now I know that's not normal I'll get them back again.

Thanks again.
Lin

Hi i fitted a 3port valve and that started buzzing so i know about it its got to do with the electrics the valve is working but is permantly on thats why its buzzing some times the manufacturer switches the colour of the wires round so ive been told and thats why get them to have a look

Hi everyone

It took me ages to get thru to warm front again - it seems the scheme has been discontinued so maybe the workers threatened with redundancy can't be bothered to answer the phone any more - but I finally got an engineer out today and he was a star. He thanked me for diagnosing the problem (I gave you guys all the credit for that) whipped out the Honeywell valve and replaced it with one that works properly. No more buzzing or vibrating pipework when the system should be asleep and the valve seems to be cooling down nicely. Result!

Thank you so much for your help.
Lin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Honeywell Valve hot and buzzing and vibrating pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock