Search the forum,

Discuss hob igition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
got to look at a hob we fitted last year 4 burner,zanussi,away tennent says the igition constantly sparking,they have unplugged,anything anyone can suggest,i personnally think water been spilled,would back heel this but its a national estate agent,who happens to be our biggist customer.

or grease around the button thats slowly setting,get ready for a deep clean b4 commencment of work.

Usually the opposite of greese,cleaning degreesers,get this happening alot when professional cleans done between tenants, then you get caught when you do the gas inspection,ingnite hob and ignition stays on,:(
The degreaser gets in the ignition button and it sticks the plastics together in the switch, bit if oil and all ok
If not give tenants a electronic igniter gun,to keep them quite;)

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
or a pak of matches? I too have seen them stick and also seen it where the button has broken and will not stay on so a fork or knife or something is used to press the button and it flares out the plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hob igition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock