Search the forum,

Discuss Hive Thermostat without hub connected to Alexa in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Does anyone know if you can use the Hive thermostat with Alexa and not need Hive's hub.
Couple of websites indicate you need a Hive Hub to communicate with your broadband router.

I'm using the Honeywell T6 on my own home all linked up to Alexa via my home router and can use voice commands.

But my step father is looking to have something similar and I said we can replace your Honeywell T3 for a Hive system but not sure if that will require the Hub to then work with Alexa.

Has anyone linked Hive Thermostat to their Alexa device to control heating with voice commands?

He is now practically blind and needs to use his voice. The Honeywell T3 wireless control unit is dreadful to read let alone for someone who has 5% vision.
My preference would be to use the same T6 wireless device like I have but he's a bit of a stubborn chap and being told Hive is better !!!! 😡

Reply to Hive Thermostat without hub connected to Alexa in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock