Search the forum,

Discuss Hive Thermostat without hub connected to Alexa in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Does anyone know if you can use the Hive thermostat with Alexa and not need Hive's hub.
Couple of websites indicate you need a Hive Hub to communicate with your broadband router.

I'm using the Honeywell T6 on my own home all linked up to Alexa via my home router and can use voice commands.

But my step father is looking to have something similar and I said we can replace your Honeywell T3 for a Hive system but not sure if that will require the Hub to then work with Alexa.

Has anyone linked Hive Thermostat to their Alexa device to control heating with voice commands?

He is now practically blind and needs to use his voice. The Honeywell T3 wireless control unit is dreadful to read let alone for someone who has 5% vision.
My preference would be to use the same T6 wireless device like I have but he's a bit of a stubborn chap and being told Hive is better !!!! 😡

Reply to Hive Thermostat without hub connected to Alexa in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock