Search the forum,

Discuss Hive Installation help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm replacing my multi-zone Danfoss controllers with Hive, so far the downstairs Hive receiver is wired in and working well. I'm having a problem wiring in the Hive Single Channel receiver to replace a Danfoss TP 4000 for the upstairs zone.

The TP 4000 is battery powered and has 2 connected wires to COM and N/O please see attached image.

TP4000 wiring.png

Hive wiring diagram for your information
Hive wiring.png

I'm aware that I need to
  1. connect the brown COM cable to pin 1 on the Hive and create a bridging cable from 1 to L
  2. connect the black N/O cable to pin 3
  3. connect the spare grey to N
The problem I have is that the grey is not currently connected to anything at the other end, I've done a continuity check and traced the wire back to the main terminal, but I don't have any idea where to connect it.

Any help would be great! If you need any more info please ask.

Thanks

Tank Wiring.png
Tank Wiring Info.png

Connect it to the blue wires in the back eg neutral cylinder end

Then stat end

Grey neutral
Brown live
Link live to common
Black to 3

Reply to Hive Installation help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock