Search the forum,

Discuss Hive Installation help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm replacing my multi-zone Danfoss controllers with Hive, so far the downstairs Hive receiver is wired in and working well. I'm having a problem wiring in the Hive Single Channel receiver to replace a Danfoss TP 4000 for the upstairs zone.

The TP 4000 is battery powered and has 2 connected wires to COM and N/O please see attached image.

TP4000 wiring.png

Hive wiring diagram for your information
Hive wiring.png

I'm aware that I need to
  1. connect the brown COM cable to pin 1 on the Hive and create a bridging cable from 1 to L
  2. connect the black N/O cable to pin 3
  3. connect the spare grey to N
The problem I have is that the grey is not currently connected to anything at the other end, I've done a continuity check and traced the wire back to the main terminal, but I don't have any idea where to connect it.

Any help would be great! If you need any more info please ask.

Thanks

Tank Wiring.png
Tank Wiring Info.png

Connect it to the blue wires in the back eg neutral cylinder end

Then stat end

Grey neutral
Brown live
Link live to common
Black to 3

Reply to Hive Installation help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock