Search the forum,

Discuss Hi all, Aquastream shower removal.. HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lcjohno

Hi all plumbers, first time on this forum, i use the tilers forum quite alot but have been directed here for answers to my problem below.

I am supposed to be tiling a shower tomo but having problems getting the Aquastream shower off the wall. The only thing holding it in place are the pipes going straight into it. There is a hot and cold pipe that are pushed in a plastic fitting and i cant release them. They come straight through the wall and into the shower. I've looked on the internet and seen that there should be a special tool in the shower cover to release these but there's not on this one. Is there any one else who has had this problem and is there a way round it without a special tool? Help needed ASAP, supposed to be doing this tomo and if i cant get the shower off i'm going to be sat at home all day doing jack.

Any help would be much much appreciated

Lee​

are the fittings pushfit? can you see a ring that moves when you try to remove the pipes, if so what i use is a flat head screwdriver to hold the ring in when i pull the pipe out do a bit on one then on the other then go back to the first keep doing this until the pipes are released.

I'm sure there pushfit and i know the ring you mean but it doesnt seem to move at all. I've had a go doing it like you said but its like the shower wont budge off the pipes.

try pushing the shower back until the rings release and you can pull them back.

A pic would but great help

If a special tool is required then you would need to contact the manufacturer but I think you should be able to get away without needing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi all, Aquastream shower removal.. HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock