Discuss Help... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UpTheCov

Hi, I'm doing the city and guilds plumbing course at my local college and we have been asked to research into the x factor of fittings. Now I've had a look on the internet but I'm still non the wiser, could any of you guys shed some light onto it, thanks in advance.

... the x factor....

:rolleyes:

do you mean, the x dimension?
if thats what you mean, its the distance from the centre of the fitting to the insertion depth. Its a load of rubbish i was taught when i was at college which you never use in the real world.

haha, still laughing

Yes, it proberbly is the x dimension but we were told the x-factor...bunch of jokers they are, Thanks mate:)

http://philanet.com/bestweld/fittings/table6a.gif
*e* and *g* are the x dimensions.

@philbob, how do you get accurate measurements on jobs without measuring dimensions properly?

I have only workshop experience from college but i always found when i marked out pipe locations on walls and working to a diagram of where fittings should be etc it all went to pot when i put it all together if my measurements were off :(
:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Il honestly eat my hat, if i find that anybody uses the 'x dimension' on site. Its fairly easy to measure a length of pipe, you can tell exactly how far the pipe inserts on a elbow, tee, ballofix, foo foo valve etc

It reminds me of the utter rubbish i had to do at college. And it was completely useless when i got out in the real world. Its gets better in Level 3 though.

There's also the Z (Factor)Dimension for LCS!!!!
And no sign of Simon Cowell!!!!!

I've always found that the little line in the centre of my kopex/rothenberger pipe slice when added to the length of pipe dimension gives me the correct insertion on a fitting, not quite the same as dim x but certainly enough for the "delta"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock