Discuss Help with Gas Fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RPDS

I am in the process of completing my training to become a gas engineer and I have been asked by my tutors to find some specific information before I go on to do my ACS but I am having difficulty finding anything.

The fire is a Ledge 22 by Brilliant Fires (although I'm guessing most Brilliant fires will be similar) and it is the powerflue version. Basically, when going through the lighting process, the fan starts, and the APS sends the signal to the solenoid. The oxypilot is clicking and sparking, but gas not present so doesn't light, therefore the solenoid needs replacing.

My question is this though, would you just replace the solenoid, or is the solenoid and valve a complete unit and therefore the whole thing need replacing. Also as the oxypilot is clicking and sparking, would you assume this is ok, or would that need replacing aswell.

BTW it is a hypothetical question, I'm not about to try and do this before being qualified! I just don't want to say I'd change the solenoid only, if it's not physically possible to do so.

Sorry for rambling on. Any help would be appreciated.

If the solenoid is available as a spare part,then I would just fit that. I would try and look up the part number,sometimes a call to the manufacturers helps.

A lot of gas valves come as complete units now so I if that's what's available that's what I get. Get it fitted and on to the next one:)

Thanks for your replies. Spoke to the manufacturers today like you said. In case anyone is interested it is a separate solenoid and not part of a complete unit.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with Gas Fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
"Hi Mr *****, thankyou for your enquiry but unfortunately I am not able to help any further. I believe you've found my last five quotes...
Replies
Views
Back