Discuss Help with boiler pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damonsbeads

Hi, I have a baxi platinum combi approz 4yrs old and have had problems with it losing pressure, eventually got so bad that I had to get the heateam out and because it was still under guarantee, they fixed (?) the problem and Im due for a service in March.
Since it was fixed nearly 4 weeks ago, it has lost pressure twice and Ive managed to repressurise the boiler myself (Please forgive any thickness here but Im a single mum and learning as I go along!) Anyway this morning I noticed the heating had not automatically come on and when I checked, the pressure was down again and the boiler was off.
I went to add some pressure as Ive done in the past but this didnt work and I noticed no water AT ALL would come from the HOT taps ( theres water coming from the cold tap though)
So Ive got no heating and no hot water - the engineer is coming out on wednesday morning after i persuaded them it was a boiler problem and NOT a water one!!! Whats going on here? Why would there be no water coming from the hot taps? Its not been freezing outside? Do I have a leak. Im in a right mess and any help would be appreciated, thank you.

sounds like you have turned the hot water isolator off by mistake its the black lever second from the right,go and check that first then come back and we will tell you how to put water in

sounds like you have turned the hot water isolator off by mistake its the black lever second from the right,go and check that first then come back and we will tell you how to put water in

Thank you for that - yes, Ive checked that and thats exactly what i had done!!! But I still cant get the boiler to pressurise, what should I do next? Thanks.:D

look for a silver braided hose may be fitted under the boiler

check youtube too they have a few videos on here - probably sound like chinese off us trying to explain

check youtube too they have a few videos on here - probably sound like chinese off us trying to explain
No, not chinese at all, very helpful and i've managed to get it sorted, thank you all;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with boiler pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock