Discuss Help to identify a part in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grajay

I have a number of these Wave basin taps bought from B&Q.
wave_taps.jpg

A couple of them have minor leaks and although I can buy the right valve the ones shown have a yellow polypropylene adapter on the splines as shown. (sorry for blurred photo)

DSC00373.jpg

Unfortunately the adapter cannot be removed no matter how hard I try so I cannot swap it over to the new valve to make the tap handle fit. Does anyone know what these adapter are called and are they available please? I should add that having removed another valve from a different tap the adapter came off quite easily - so I know they are removable.

Thanks

Graham

why not take cartridge to your local merchant and they should be able to help you ;) I think its better to see once than hear 20 times ;)

Thanks for the reply. I just got the impression from reseaching online that this polypropelene adapter was a non standard /unusual item - hence my question about what it is called.

That adaptor is quite common but of course there are many different sizes/spline pitch.

As already suggested, your local proper plumbing shop may be your best bet as all the armchair research in the world doesn't compare with five minutes chatting to someone in the know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help to identify a part in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hello, The brass "screw" that connects the shower handle to the cartridge broke. I have asked numerous plumbers and supply stores, but no one is...
Replies
Views
Newbie1
N
Hello, The brass "screw" that connects the shower handle to the cartridge broke. I have asked numerous plumbers and supply stores, but no one is...
Replies
Views
C
Hi there, I have a bath tap that is not producing hot water. Can anyone identify the mixer valve shown in the attached images? It does not look...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock