Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone identify this mixer valve? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CountryBumpkin

Hi there,

I have a bath tap that is not producing hot water. Can anyone identify the mixer valve shown in the attached images? It does not look like anything I can find online. I have tried soaking the valve 'cartridge' in vinegar, which removed a lot of scale. If I constrict the cold water supply, the tap will now produce hot water but very slowly. I assume there is still some sort of blockage, but I don't know how to tackle it. Any ideas?

Best wishes,
CountryBumpkin

Sorry, can’t see any images.
IMG_1293.jpeg
IMG_1294.jpeg

Apologies for the initial lack of images... clearly very absent minded.

Update: after further 'de-scaling', the shaft of the valve now leaks... Any suggestions welcome. Can the cartridge be replaced? If not, is there any way to replace the whole valve assembly without smashing the surrounding tiles?

Come in from the back any pictures with all the kit on eg complete?

I don't have a complete photo. This tap is actually at my grandma's house, so I cannot get a picture for a few days.

The taps are vertically arranged on a chrome bezel/disc. The taps are ~ 2 inch diameter and have about the same depth. Each has a chrome bit sticking out of one side as a handle. I guess that describes most mixer taps...

Reply to Can anyone identify this mixer valve? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a few mixer taps to install in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen tap also has a wondering spray arm capability. On researching something else, i stumbled across people saying that a check valve should be placed on the cold mains feed. How can I tell if the mixer taps/spray arm mix...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock