Search the forum,

Discuss Heatline Capriz 28a - DHW cut off after 30 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
OMG, what a nightmare of a job.

The boiler DHW would cut off after about 30 seconds. Central heating was OK. The fault code was F20 and having a look at the manual, it was stating to be an overheating problem. Code F24 was also showing which was pointing to water circulation problem.
I isolated the power, flow, return and cold inlet. My first thought was that it was a blocked plate heat exchanger so I went straight to the cap and…….PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHSSHHHHHHH……..water gushing out like there was no tomorrow…no matter what I did, I just couldn’t push the cap back to lock into place…..as you can imagine, I was feeling a grade A prize prat…..the water then finally stopped…
There was now water everywhere you can imagine inside the boiler…I spent the next hour or so drying everything…the filter was indeed completely blocked with what looked like black coal which I cleared…

Thankfully, no water got onto the PCB but the display panel board was wet which I dried with a hair dryer with the cool setting.
After ensuring that everything was dry, I switched on boiler and BANG….only kidding, miraculously, the boiler fired up..heating and DHW working just fine…checked gases with my FGA….all OK….

Needless to say, it was a freebie…..
Anyway, question I’m asking, after isolating flow, return and cold inlnet, should I have have opened DHW tap to empty the boiler?
Anyone else have had Prize prat moments on a job?

If you only isolate the cold inlet, all the mains throughout the boiler is still pressurised. I normally isolate, open nearest hot tap to just release pressure, then open upstairs hot to drain. If you don't open taps above boiler you can bet the customer will when you have plate out and send water everywhere!!!

Why free? You fixed it, and the water dried out I'm betting.

After feeling like a right knob and wetting the floor and their bed, I've put this one down to a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Capriz 28a - DHW cut off after 30 seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
A
I have a heatline vizo 24 combi boiler that starts up for a few seconds and then shuts off. This happens with both hot water and heating. If left all overnight or all day it will work first time and stay on. If tried again soon after the problem comes back.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock