Discuss Heating won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emeraldbugle

The heating came on, with the timer, but when the timer switched off the heating didn't turn off!
confused-smiley-013.gif

(It is a Glow-Worm Hideaway 100B circa 1998)

We managed to turn the thermostat on the hideaway right down to get it to go off (the instructions say only do this as a temporary measure).

We have turned everything off, when we turned it all back on again, the boiler came on even though it wasn't turned on with the timer control?

Any ideas? Is it an easy fix?

Thanks

Thanks, I think you are probably right. The controller is a Danfoss FP715, the display is showing the time. Is there a reset button? Or do we need an electrician?

syncron motor gone in your 2/3 port valve,
slide to manual and get it changed.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look later. :)

Okay, it is a Honeywell V4043H 1106, how do I test if this is the problem? Should the lever have some tension?

Could someone do a step by step? Should I try it with the heating and water off or on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,please can someone advise how to turn my underfloor heating off in my bathroom....I think it runs of the boiler as its still on when the heating is on...its a new house so we didnt install the heating system...Our Electric bills is huge thou

I would guess that it is a electrical UFH if just in the bathroom, there should be a timer/thermostat or fused spur to allow you control it, normally located outside of bathroom, maybe in the airing cupboard?

Hi ,thank you for replying,i can tried turning the switches off in the airing Cupboard, earlier arhhh we have just found a switch in a cubby hole above the stairs Thermonet...thats looks like the thermostat i have seem on installing UFH...We have switched this off...We also have 2 timers next to our hot water and heating control under boiler -Not sure what they are for?

Can you put on photo ? 1x timer gas boiler, 1x timer electric underfloor in bathroom ??????

this is the UFH control we think hope its loaded

Attachments

• P6110070.jpg
    P6110070.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 67
That looks like the one (maybe!) First pic, second is heating, third and fourth Immersion heater?

Last edited:
these are the other timers-i know the one on the left is heating and water but the other 2 no idea

Round dial next to switch for electric immersion heater (Hot Water) the one with 2 doors for underfloor in bathroom , if it not turning off could be faulty programer, if system is quite new would still be under warranty, if not you need electrican.

Thank you for your help...The UFH is now off so yes the double door Thermostat was the right thing to switch off...This should start saving us some money....So the Round dials are timers for the Hot water and Maybe the heating when we have it switched of i guess...Well at least we are mighty bit wiser.Thanks for your Help

To control the heating & hot water use the time control with the 2 red lights , this controls your gas boiler, & you can set differant times for heating & hot water, look at the slide controls , The round dial needs to be switched off at the switch next to it, this will be useing electric to heat the hot water, but should only be used if your boiler brakes down, Did you not get any information left in the house telling how to use controls, have a word with people next door they may have same sort of system, if not call out local Gas Safe engineer so he can show you how to work controls & Boiler.

I think we have been using both controls...cause we often turn the heating off on the Control with the 2 red lights..Ok so turned the other controls off.Do you think the UFH and these 2 dials would have made our electric bills to be much higher...cause we got 2 massive bills in the last 6 months...We have only been at the house for 1 year...SADLY nothing left by the old owners...But again Thank you for your Help

yes using those controls could be the reason for your high electric bills

2 x round dials could be controling 2 x electric heaters in your hot water tank, you may have a megaflow type hot water tank (photo of tank please) If you are useing a lot of hot water keep slider for hot water on constant, other slider for heating use on timed position, or also on constant then use room thermostat (Dial on wall ) maybe in lounge or hall to turn heating on/off. Useing the 2 x round dials for hot water will give you quite large bills, as before get in a local engineer to explain how to use these controls maybe even service boiler at same time.

hi there,
This is the picture of the water tank,if you can have a look,also is the temp correct...Looks a bit high.
We don't use alot of water on us no kids..I have put the hot water on once on the slider control,also put the heating on timed and the dial ion the wall is on the lowest,to keep the price down.
Both round dials are off.

Attachments

• P1010102.jpg
    P1010102.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 19
This is the temp gauge on the tank

Attachments

• P1010104.jpg
    P1010104.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock