Search the forum,

Discuss Heating thermostat no wired up with 3 phase. How do I tell which cable? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Replacing the thermostat as it wasn’t functioning. Question is how do I tell which one of these is switched live in the attached picture, new thermostat? Confusing mixture of old and new cable colours.

I’ve wired this per two cable diagram. I want to use the 3 as recommended with the Baxi combi 105e.

Old thermostat had only red wired to live and blue wired to N.

Attachments

• 5635A670-CE42-48B3-9066-2E7E815523CB.jpeg
    5635A670-CE42-48B3-9066-2E7E815523CB.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 24
if you don’t know what you’re looking at then clearly you need to get someone in who does, taking 240V wiring advice from an open forum is easily misinterpreted and the mistakes can be catastrophic!
ELECTRICITY KILLS pal for the sake of a 50quid job just pick up the phone

have you messed with the wiring in the pic? also not 3 phase

Also the old stat wasn’t wired up just L & N, just because that’s the colours you think are Live and Neutral doesn’t mean they are, hell I’ve seen green/yellow used as a switched live plenty of times, doesn’t mean it’s earth

The Baxi 105e doesn’t recommend 3 wires, it has a live and switched. What it does state isn’t 230vac switching, and if it has a neutral to be wired as per their diagram. It might be easy enough to add a neutral wire, run use battery type which doesn’t require one.

Reply to Heating thermostat no wired up with 3 phase. How do I tell which cable? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
I would like to install a Energenie MiHome Smart Thermostat, it has 2 wire inputs W and COM, my existing thermostat has 3 wires a red live, yellow (Not sure) and a blue wire that is connect to the earth for some reason. it is an old Altech thermostat. Does anyone know were the wires would go on...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking to install the above. Atm I have an older one fitted (old wireless thermostat and old receiver that’s wired into my combi boiler. Pic below shows how my current one is wired, live neutral and would the 2x black wires be switch wires and would matter what way they were wired in? My...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock