Discuss Heating System Isolation valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisKing

Hi Forum,

What valves can i use to isolate a section of my heating system 22mm in size. Do they make a pushfit version?

cheers

Chris

gate valves ...right...so i can fit a couple of gate valves on the flow and return above my open vented boiler,close and run,no probs,few clues in above,glad you are gas safe and hopefully signed up for gas awareness week...

where are the valves going/ being installed op?

gate valves ...right...so i can fit a couple of gate valves on the flow and return above my open vented boiler,close and run,no probs,few clues in above,glad you are gas safe and hopefully signed up for gas awareness week...

The question was about isolating the sections of a heating system if you read it.

Try not to be condescending and pay more mind to being helpful.

I have been an Industrial Commercial and Domestic Heating Engineer for 28 years, So I do know not to valve off a boiler as you suggested !

What has Gas awareness week got to do with Heating system sections ?

Lever valves for water & gas can be full bore, take your point about being serviceable though.

They're full bore valves designed for the open vented system circuits we're discussing.

They have less restriction / frictional resistances to ball valves.

They're serviceable !

I've come across lever (full-bore) valves and gate valves from the early 90's in the same block of residential flats, guess which ones didn't work......

I agree gate valves are serviceable but there are two issues. One, if they worked as well as a branded full bore lever they wouldn't need servicing. Two, if you service a gate valve for a customer and it then fails, you end up getting it in the neck from the customer....

"it was fine till you touched it" etc etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating System Isolation valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi all - can someone explain what the two black levers are in this picture? Are they for putting more pressure in the heating system? I have a...
Replies
Views
Can anyone please tell me where I might purchase a 90° bend 15mm x 22mm Isolating Valve Thanks and Regards. Hugh
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock